Many types of fire extinguishers are available in the market. But for the different fire cases, the need for extinguishers will also change. The main 5 types of fire extinguishers is water, foam, CO2, powder, and wet chemicals.
• Class A –solid combustibles such as wood, paper, and textiles
• Class B – flammable liquids
• Class C – flammable gases including methane, butane, or hydrogen among others
• Class D – burning metals, eg aluminum, lithium, or magnesium
• Class F – fires include those caused by cooking oils such as a chip-pan fire.
• Electrical Fires – fats and cooking oils.
As per the need of your premises, the type of fire extinguishers will also change. It is important to find out the right size and type of fire extinguisher for your business.
Water fire extinguishers are coming under class A. these can be used in the case of fire caused by various organic materials including fabrics, textiles, coal, wood, cardboard, and paper among others.
It can be used on some electrical fires. foam fire extinguishers have a cream label and are highly effective on class A and class B fires
Dry Powder Extinguishers
These can be used for fires involving electrical equipment.
Wet Chemical Extinguishers
Wet chemical extinguishers are coming under class F. These can be used for fires involving cooking oils and fats.
This type of has a black label. They were originally designed for use on flammable liquid fires and therefore have a class B fire rating.
All the types of fire extinguishers are available in Keralafiresafety and we are free to provide online delivery anywhere in Kerala.